Thursday 1 January 2015

Card Houses

So I made it. Its the 1st January 2015 (well technically I'm an hour into the 2cnd, but whatever).
Last night was anything but a pleasant experience. But anyway it is officially 2015, whatever that is supposed to mean. I think it means something different to everybody in fairness.

I still hate it, but what can I do now. The concrete wall between 2014 and 2015 is well and truly cemented, and as the days of this year progress, 2014 will continue to grow further and further away until I can no longer distinguish between the times, the memories and the feelings. Until it all becomes a blur, because that is what happens, it is the essential movement of life. Change.
'The whole of life becomes a series of letting go'.

So, anyway in my overpowering state of nostalgia, I've been thinking. Now I don't know if you have ever built or attempted to build a card house, but it isn't the easiest thing to do. And I have come to the conclusion that life is one big card house. No matter how many times you attempt, and no matter how far you get, there is always that one chance that everything will fall apart. Then you get stuck in frustration, when the card house doesn't get very far at all because your frustrated so you are unable to build, and the building just gets worse; this is when your stuck. Basically I'm using a card house as a metaphor for life. Because just like life, card houses constantly change, fall down and collapse. The weak flimsy cards can only take so much before they collapse and can no longer be built after the tiring process of trying to amount to something (the card house), and sometimes they bend and break so they cant be used ever again. Just like me.

I hope that maybe one day the card house can be built to the top, but at the moment I am stuck, blocked in the impact zone, of the wave that is life.
Hmmm.

I wont say happy new year because you know, but I hope whoever is reading this isn't feeling too bad, and I hope that our card houses are very much on their ways to the top. 


No comments:

Post a Comment